jueves, 6 de abril de 2017

Partner Search



Apply ICT to your challenges, try to adapt those resources and contents to your course.

Less teaching, more learning! The world nowadays is interesting in enterpreneurs, social abilities and sharing knowledge.The Educative System is changing to solve the absence of these skills with cooperative and colaborative work.


My CLIL open Educational project about Living things and non-living things is the key to your solution.Use learning diaries, youtube, twitter,skype and Instagram as a mean of communication.

Upload classroom challenges to your learning diaries,watch documentaries in youtube.
Teachers can spread the word and photos by twitter and Instagram.
Communicate with other schools via skype and share your ideas.

In my last post I mentioned some activities to do using ICT, here I am going to develop some of them:



Activity one. In terms of making an easier understanding we need them to know some words asking them questions:
Can you tell me what’s that? A pen , Is it a living thing or is it a non-living thing?
Can you tell me what’s that? A sharpener ,Is It  a living thing or it is a non-living thing?
Can you tell me what’s that? A eraser ,Is it a living thing or is it a non-living thing?
Can you tell me what’s that? A ruler ,  Is it  a living thing or is it a non-living thing?
Can you tell me what’s that? A crayon , Is it a living thing or  is it a non-living thing?
Can you tell me what’s that? A pencil , Is it a living thing or is it a non-living thing?
Can you tell me what’s that? A book , Is it a living thing or it is a non-living thing?
Can you tell me what’s that? A rock , Is it a living thing or is it a non-living thing?

Please can you tell me what’s that?It is a cat. A cat is an animal.A cat is a living thing.
Please can you tell me what’s that?It is a baby. A baby is a human.Humans are living beings.
Please can you tell me what’s that?It is a plant. A plant.A plant is a living thing.
Living things can move,breathe,eat.

Living things need water,air,food and sun.
Then you can upload the flashcards you work with  the media as an example so that they can remind the words of this lesson and use as many words as they have learnt during the course.They will upload more examples to their learning diaries.

Activity two. After doing lots of exercises on their notebooks, the next step for the teacher is to explain another classification within Living things and non-living things classification, which is wild animals and domestic animals.I show the animals which I work with during my intership period below widening content and vocabulary.
Then they must identify each movement with its correspondent animal. It is good to ask them questions as an example .Then  they will do it in their groups and they will classify them:

Does the pig fly? Yes/No.

Does the zebra slither? Yes/No.

The teacher can upload the worksheet with the animals to Instagram to practice at home.


They will draw the animals worksheet and upload it to their learning diaries.
 I consider acting as important as other skills.Children learn both to express their ideas in front of the classroom and performance.
Take advantage of the space that you find in your class, as for example the science corner, the teacher's corner and the English corner.If you are so lucky and your classroom has two doors, why not ask them to go out and practice their performance "Animals movement"climb,jump,fly, walk,sligther... and then enter through the second door of your classroom.

Here you have some top tips not to feel ridiculous and it works well as a warmer at the very begining of the classroom.


-Freeze Frame, try to capture a story in three steps don't forget you cannot move.
-Invent a silly word and express your feelings da-k-d-da! with this word you can express anger,happiness or sadness.

Activity three.The bilingual material room provide teachers with a wide range of materials in which we can find six animals boxes. One box for each team.Again they have to classify them into wild animals and domestic animals.You can see my homade video as an example of showing the type of animals you can work with in this activity mentioned in challenge 8, before my elevator picht.



Before choosing the following collaborative projects I am going to list them:

-The other kids EDU.

-The ESL times.
-The 30 goals Challenge.
-The twima Project.
-Tertulias con sabor a chocolate.
-InfuEDUgrafías.
-Maderas que son violines.
-Piratas y Libélulas.
-No me cuentes historias, dibújamelas

My project is suitable for The ESL Times because I like their Educational techniques.


Activity one. I took a photo of the corner science first graders class to show you how to use the words in this lesson with a meaningful purpose.



"Science Corner".Photograph by Irene Peña.


 
Activity two.This animal worksheet is useful to ask them questions about animals. You can also cut them and separate them into wild animals and domestic animals. I found those animals searching on the net, I  paste them on a paper,then I scanned them in order to create a worksheet. Those are the animals that the teacher will give their pupils.

"Animals worksheet". Photograph by Irene Peña.


Activity two.This is an activity scanned from the book of science for first graders I used during my intership period.Think do learn Natural Science.Oxford CLIL the natural choice.



"Animals movements worksheet".Photograph by Irene Peña.


Activity three: Homemade video about animal classifications. wild animals and domestic animals:






My elevator pitch:


I sign up in wevideo create my own video and download it, it is a thirty nine seconds video instead a 20 seconds one, it was difficult to be catchy and at the same time to try to summarize all the contents.
I am happy using wevideo because I added special effect. That's the reason why my video lasts for too long.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario